Indivisible IL9 Weekly Antiracist Work Group (AWG)
Meeting: Sunday Nov 29 from 10-11am CT
- A brief history of Georgia’s runoff voting – and its racist roots: “To date, Georgia has never elected a single African American U.S. senator, governor, lieutenant governor or secretary of state.” and yet the state of GA is 30% Black and its largest city, Atlanta, is a majority Black city.
- Stacey Abrams blew up Georgia’s electoral map: A primer on Stacey Abrams’s work in GA and other states.
- Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Places
- Georgia hotbed for voter suppression tactics: This article was published right before the Nov 2020 election and outlines many of the hurdles faced by voters in GA, particularly Black voters (many of these same tactics were also used in WI this year, as we well know).
- Join the Indivisible National phonebank on Wednesday, Dec 2 at 5pm CT to call into GA and help ensure that people are registered to vote ahead of the GA voter registration deadline of Dec 7. Sign up here.
- Not that you need any more motivation to fight for Rafael Warnock, but please note that incumbent Kelly Loeffler is both anti-BLM and anti-transgender. Volunteer with the Warnock campaign here. Donate here.
- And we won’t forget Jon Ossoff’s opponent, David Purdue and his racist dispronunciation of the name of our next Vice President, Kamala Harris. Sign up to phonebank with the Ossoff campaign here. Donate here.